NEW YORK, NY (October 5, 2017) — The editors of Multichannel News have announced the 2018 Class of Wonder Women — the 20th anniversary class — ahead of a celebratory luncheon event on Thursday, March 22. The luncheon, co-sponsored by the New York chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications, will be at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York City.
For 20 years, Multichannel News’ Wonder Women has celebrated the accomplishments of industry decision-makers who have helped pave the way for younger generations of women in a multi-faceted career sector.
The 12 members of the 2018 class of Wonder Women are:
- Darcy Antonellis, CEO, Vubiquity
- Kerry Brockhage, Executive Vice President & Chief Counsel, Content Distribution, NBCUniversal
- Christa D’Alimonte, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Viacom
- Stephanie Druley, ESPN Senior Vice President, Event & Studio Production
- Marianne Gambelli, President, Ad Sales, FOX News Channel and FOX Business Network
- Sarah Gitchell, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Counsel – Content Acquisition, Comcast Cable
- Beth Main, Senior Vice President Domestic Network Distribution, HBO
- Jennifer Mirgorod, Executive Vice President of Content Distribution & Strategic Partnerships, Turner
- Debra O’Connell, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Disney|ABC Television Group
- Elaine Paul, Chief Financial Officer, Strategy & Business Development, Hulu
- Loretta Polk, Vice President & Associate General Counsel, NCTA – The Internet & Television Association
- Josie Thomas, Executive Vice President, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, CBS Corporation
“Twenty years ago, Multichannel News began honoring women executives who were breaking boundaries and making a difference with their leadership and innovative contributions to the television industry,” states Multichannel News Editorial Director Mark Robichaux. “This year’s impressive class shares that same vision and adds to the tremendous legacy of Wonder Women. I am proud to welcome them to the Class of 2018.”
The 2018 Class of Women to Watch will be announced separately.
For more information on the 2018 Wonder Women Class and Event, including registration information, visit http://mcnwonderwomen.com.
About WONDER WOMEN
Established in 1999, the annual Wonder Women awards celebration honors 13 of cable television and communications most powerful female executives who lead by example and action, inspiring others and helping to create new opportunities for future female leaders in the industry. The gala luncheon, co-hosted by the New York chapter of Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) and featuring prominent TV personalities as presenters, has honored more than 200 women over the years, celebrating their accomplishments in the workplace and beyond. For more information, visit http://mcnwonderwomen.com or search for #MCNWW2018 on Twitter and Facebook. Wonder Women is produced by Multichannel News.
About MULTICHANNEL NEWS
Multichannel News and its sister brand, Broadcasting & Cable, deliver actionable intelligence and best practices on the business of television to leaders and decision makers through the industry. Covering exciting developments in the video, TV, cable, and OTT marketplaces, these brands are the industry’s most trusted provider of information and analysis through renowned magazines, up-to-the-minute digital offerings, innovative marketing services, and best-in-industry events. For more information, visit multichannel.com or broadcastingcable.com. Multichannel News and Broadcasting & Cable are produced by NewBay.
NewBay is positioned at the center of the world’s most dynamic industries — Music, AV/Pro Audio, Consumer Electronics/Gaming, Video & Broadcast and Education. We connect and inform millions of constituents in these industries through our award-winning content, integrated media capabilities, and high-profile network-building and informative events. NewBay proudly serves some of the broadest B-to-B professional and music enthusiast communities in the world through over 35 print and digital publications, more than 35 integrated web and mobile applications, more than 60 e-newsletters, over 50 conferences and conventions, custom marketing services, and e-commerce capabilities. Find out more at http://www.newbaymedia.com.
# # #