NEW YORK, NY (August 3, 2015) – David Muir will co-host the 2015 Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame,the prestigious annual event that honors the pioneers, innovators and stars of the electronic arts. Muir will join previously announced co-hosts Hoda Kotb and Regis Philbin at the famed Waldorf-Astoria in New York City, on Tuesday, October 20th.
David Muir, an Emmy Award-winning journalist for ABC News, anchors the flagship ABC News broadcast World News Tonight with David Muir and co-anchors the ABC newsmagazine 20/20. He joined ABC News in August 2003 as anchor of the overnight news program World News Now. For more than a decade, Muir has reported from international hotspots including Tehran, Tahrir Square, Mogadishu and Fukushima. In his first year as anchor of the evening news broadcast, Muir has reported from the Syrian border on child refugees and Mexico City on the treatment of disabled and orphaned children, and also landed an exclusive interview with President Obama on Cuba. Muir’s reporting has been honored with multiple Edward R. Murrow awards and for the second year in a row, he recently earned top honors from the Society of Professional Journalists for his reporting overseas.
The complete list of 2015 Hall of Fame inductees includes:
- Ed Carroll – COO, AMC Networks, Inc.
- Michael T. Fries – President and CEO, Liberty Global
- Don Garber – Commissioner, Major League Soccer; CEO, Soccer United Marketing
- Chris Geraci – President of National Broadcast, OMD
- Kathie Lee Gifford – Co-Host, Fourth Hour of NBC News’ “TODAY”
- Robert A. Iger – Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Lou LaTorre – Fox Networks Group (Retired)
- Alfred C. Liggins III – President Advertising Sales, Fox Cable Networks (Retired)
- Philip J. Lombardo – CEO, Citadel Communications Company, L.P.
- Dave Lougee – President, TEGNA Media
- Dr. Phillip C. McGraw, Ph.D. – Host and Executive Producer, “Dr. Phil”
- Donna Speciale – President, Turner Broadcasting Ad Sales
A portion of the net proceeds is donated to the charitable organization Broadcasters Foundation of America. A safety net for radio and television professionals across the country, the Broadcasters Foundation of America provides anonymous financial grants to those industry colleagues who are in acute need due to critical illness, advanced age, death of a spouse, an accident or other serious misfortune.
For sponsorship and registration information, please contact Sandy Friedman at email@example.com
To view the 2015 class, visit www.bchalloffame.com/honorees/#
# # #
Sayles & Winnikoff Communications:
(212) 725-5200 x112
(212) 725-5200 x210